Sagg paneer/ sagg tofu is very popular in northern India and originates from the Migdalia cuisine.
Saag tofu is my healthy variation of saag paneer. This is a healthier, low fat version, but Still delicious and full of taste. I prefer to use tofu instead of paneer when making this curry, as tofu contains last calories and fat then paneer. If you prefer to use paneer, please do so.
Tofu paneer is really easy to make, it takes me about 25 minutes to make. It’s a really simple but tasty curry to make, as it only needs a few ingredients. Sagg Tofu is best served with rice, chapati or naan bread.
6 ounces of tofu & cut it into 1 inch cubes
1 bag of spinach chopped up.
2 tbs olive oil
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsb garam masala
1tsp ground coriander
2 tsp salt
1 medium onion chopped
2 garlic cloves (mashed)
1 tsb of fresh mashed ginger
1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
• In a large pan, heat the oil and add in the onion and tofu.
• Let it cook for 10mins on a medium heat (the onion should be soft and brown and tofu golden brown.)
• Now add in the the spices garlic, salt and ginger. Let it cook for 2-3mins till the spices mix together.
• Now add in the tomato puree & chopped spinach.
• Mix it well and let it cook for a further 5-7 mins.
• Lower the heat, stir through the yoghurt.
• Now remove from the heat & garish with fresh coriander.
• Serve warm.